Saturday, June 12, 2010

Here's the finished painting

Okay, so here's a photo taken by my dear friend, Linda (thanks, Linda!) at the actual show. Since the previous post, I added more detail to the dog, more detail to the mini-Dutch landscapes, as well as shiny paint all about. Now it really looks like the trainwreck I had envisioned. A non-matching painting. I did a big one like this once (maybe I'll post it in a bit) which was named, "Monstrosity, or, Putting on Makeup in the Car". Same idea. Just me basically barfing lovely bits onto the canvas (or panel) and saying," Eew - that was gross, yet still kind of lovely." Why inflict this sort of thing upon myself and others? Maybe the answer will come out in therapy. Anyhoo... have a great day!

1 comment:

Hilariki said...

I actually wish I had titled it, "Happy Dog, Master of Many Horizons!! - or - Here's Your Fucking Dog Painting". That would have been perfect. I removed it from the post below because I thought it would offend the curators, but it turns out that it didn't.